At FM Medical,
Your provider has a host of diagnostic tools to more accurately assess your health and wellness. These include:
Electromyography (EMG) assess the health of muscles and nerves. An EMG uses tiny devices called electrodes to gather signals which are then interpreted by a physician. Your doctor can use this test to find:
- Muscle disorders, such as muscular dystrophy or polymyositis
- Diseases affecting the connection between the nerve and the muscle, such as myasthenia gravis
- Disorders of nerves outside the spinal cord (peripheral nerves), such as carpal tunnel syndrome or peripheral neuropathies
- Disorders that affect the motor neurons in the brain or spinal cord, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or polio
- Disorders that affect the nerve root, such as a herniated disk in the spine
For your convenience, many lab tests can be preformed on-site. Urinalysis and blood draws can be performed immediately without long wait times in a lab and results can be obtained by your provider immediately.
Also called sonography, ultrasound imaging uses sound waves to “see” deep within the body. These images are interpreted by our Board Certified Radiologist. Ultrasounds are ideal for visualizing:
- Heart and blood vessels
- Uterus and ovaries
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Scrotum (testicles)
Onsite X-rays are available at our South Park Rehab and A1A Urgent Care locations. From alignment of the spin to possible fracture, our Doctors can use this tool to quickly and accurately lead to your diagnosis.