FM Medical offers Juvederm® and Juvederm Voluma® to patients from St. Augustine and nearby locations.
Juvederm® and Juvederm Voluma® (often called Voluma) are the “next-generation,” smooth-consistency, gel dermal fillers that instantly restore your skin’s volume and helps to smooth away facial wrinkles and folds. For many patients at FM Medical in St. Augustine, Juvederm® and Voluma® are an ideal way to rejuvenate their skin without surgery.
Juvederm® – Is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
Juvederm Voluma® XC – Is for deep injections in the cheek area and temples to correct age-related volume loss.
Men and women across St Johns County are discovering the advantages of these injectable fillers, which are made from a substance that occurs naturally in your skin. With Juvederm® and Juvederm Voluma® XC, Dr. Michaels is able to offer his patients a safe and effective means to achieve a smoother and younger-looking appearance. We welcome both men and women from St. Augustine, St. Johns County, and all over Florida
Is Juvederm® Right for Me?
If you are looking to add volume to moderate or severe facial wrinkles, then Juvederm® may be a good choice for you. Our Juvederm® patients in St. Augustine typically consider this treatment for the following conditions:
- Lines between the eyebrows (glabellar furrows)
- Lines around the outer eye area (crow’s feet
- Lines from the outer corners of the mouth to the cheeks (smile lines)
- Lines extending from the nose to the outer corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Lines extending downward from the corners of the mouth (marionette lines)
- Facial contouring
Is Juvederm Voluma® XC Right for Me?
Voluma® is typically used to restore volume in the mid-face area that is lost due to our natural aging process. Voluma® works by gently lifting the skin, restoring cheek or mid face volume loss, and helping to restore a more youthful curve and position to the higher area of cheekbones.
One of the advantages to Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma® XC is that they both have been proven safe and effective for all skin colors and tones. Studies have shown no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring.
How Does Juvederm® and Juvederm Voluma® XC Work?
Juvederm® and Juvederm Voluma® XC are made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that helps to hydrate and add volume to your skin. Both procedures involve a thin needle that precisely injects the gel into selected tissues in the mid to deep dermis. Juvederm® and Juvederm /Voluma® XC work as a filler by increasing the volume of tissue under the skin. Because the hyaluronic gel attracts water, the volume is maintained even as the gel is absorbed by the body.
A Juvederm® or Juvederm /Voluma® XC session generally takes about 30 minutes and is performed in our St. Augustine office by our expert injectors. You may feel slight pain during and after the injection, but we will numb the treatment area to help minimize discomfort.
What is the Recovery Process for Juvederm®?
Because it is a smooth-consistency gel, Juvederm® flows easily into the skin to provide a sleek, natural look and feel. A single treatment presents immediate, optimal results on facial lines and wrinkles. In fact, most patients need only one session to achieve superior wrinkle smoothing.
Most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and their duration is short, usually lasting seven days or less. It is common for our St. Augustine Juvederm® patients to experience temporary redness, tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching and discoloration at the injection site. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
Your Juvederm® results can last up to one year. Correction is temporary, so touch-up injections, as well as repeat injections, are usually needed to maintain the desired effect.
What is the Recovery Process for Juvederm Voluma® XC?
Patients experience immediate results with full results in approximately 7-10 days. Juvederm Voluma® XC can last up to 2 years. There might be slight swelling, bruising or redness, but it subsides quickly leaving you with a more youthful appearance.
What are the costs for Juvederm® or Juvederm Voluma® XC?
Like most injectable treatments, the cost of Juvederm® or Juvederm /Voluma® XC in Orlando varies from patient to patient. To obtain a more detailed estimate based on your case, please schedule a complimentary consultation at FM Medical today. We are proud to offer Juvederm® or Juvederm /Voluma® XC treatments to patients throughout the St. Augustine and St. Johns County area.
WARNING: DISTANT SPREAD OF TOXIN EFFECT
Postmarketing reports indicate that the effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic and all botulinum toxin products may spread from the area of injection to produce symptoms consistent with botulinum toxin effects. These may include asthenia, generalized muscle weakness, diplopia, ptosis, dysphagia, dysphonia, dysarthria, urinary incontinence and breathing difficulties. These symptoms have been reported hours to weeks after injection. Swallowing and breathing difficulties can be life threatening and there have been reports of death. The risk of symptoms is probably greatest in children treated for spasticity but symptoms can also occur in adults treated for spasticity and other conditions, particularly in those patients who have an underlying condition that would predispose them to these symptoms. In unapproved uses, including spasticity in children, and in approved indications, cases of spread of effect have been reported at doses comparable to those used to treat cervical dystonia and at lower doses.
JUVÉDERM®XC AND JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
JUVÉDERM®XC injectable gel is for injection into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receiveJUVÉDERM®XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM®XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- The safety of JUVÉDERM®XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC injectable gels for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM®XC for use in patients under 18 years and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM®XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety of JUVÉDERM®XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied
- There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your health care professional if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your health care professional if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC
What are possible side effects?
For JUVÉDERM®XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM®XC or JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions page at www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM®XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC injectable gels are available by prescription only.